Arizona

Prescription drug abuse is the fastest growing segment of illegal drug use in the United States. In fact, more Americans abuse prescription drugs than the number of people who use cocaine, methamphetamine, and heroin combined.
October 20, 2011
Facing trademark complaints from the Navajo Nation, Urban Outfitters removes "Navajo" from their web site. Many Native Americans were insulted when the name was used to sell panties and a flask.
October 20, 2011
Elouise Cobell was the lead plaintiff in a lawsuit that accused the federal government of cheating Native Americans in its management of Indian land. Cobell never saw a dime of the $3.4 billion settlement.
October 18, 2011
Protesters claim to represent the 99 percent of Americans who have been left behind by the country’s economic growth. So who are the other 1 percent – the top 1 percent?
October 14, 2011
The clothing retailer Urban Outfitters is under fire for using the word “Navajo” to describe a line of clothing and products. The retailer said it currently has no plans to modify or discontinue any of the products.
October 14, 2011
uranium
U.S. Senators from Arizona and Utah claim the ban is thwarting the creation of thousands of jobs. Officials at the Interior Department say that is false.
October 12, 2011
The Navajo Generating Station, targeted for closure by environmentalists, faces a lease renewal and new, expensive EPA requirements. Many Navajos want it to stay, as they rely on the power plant and the coal mine that feeds it for jobs.
October 10, 2011
As the federal government expands the number of lanes to cross the U.S.-Mexico border, there were less officers to staff the ports of entry. One study put the loss of productivity at millions of dollars per minute.
October 10, 2011
The Department of Labor opened an investigation this summer into many of the largest home builders who led the real estate boom in the Southwest. Last month, the IRS joined them. At issue is the way home builders pay their workers and their taxes.
October 07, 2011
A jury found the rancher liable of inflicting emotional distress on the victims. He defended himself by saying he lowered the weapon upon realizing the victims weren’t armed drug smugglers.
October 06, 2011

Pages

Subscribe to Arizona