Arizona Commission on the Arts awards over $5.4 million in grants across the state
The Arizona Commission on the Arts has announced the awarding of $5,425,146 in grants for nonprofits in the state.
Museums, arts centers and community programs are just some of the recipients.
The majority of the grant money came from a one-time legislative appropriation.
A spokesperson for the agency said another $300,000 will be awarded over the coming year.
According to a release, the four categories of grants were:
"Creative Capacity Grants provide general operating support to arts and culture organizations of all sizes whose primary mission is to produce, present, teach, or serve the arts.
This year, 280 organizations were awarded Creative Capacity Grants in amounts ranging from $2,000 to $57,500. Award amounts are based on the organization’s size and their application’s performance in the competitive review process. The number of organizations applying for Creative Capacity Grants increased 21% over last year, from 238 to 288.
Festival Grants support organizations in their efforts to provide quality arts and cultural programming through community festival activities. Grant awards range from $2,500 - $5,000.
Applications submitted for Festival Grants increased 62% this year over last. Ultimately, 64 organizations were awarded funding in this grant cycle, up from 35 last year.
Lifelong Arts Engagement Grants support projects that foster meaningful arts learning experiences in community settings for adult learners of any age.
Youth Arts Engagement Grants support programs focused on young people ages 24 and under that occur outside of traditional school hours.
The Arts Commission administers two rounds of Lifelong Arts Engagement Grants and Youth Arts Engagement Grants each year. The agency is now accepting applications for the second round of grants through September 14, 2023."
Grant recipients by location in the Valley
- Anthem: 2 grants, $26,600
- Cave Creek: 1 grant, $21,350
- Chandler: 6 grants, $87,250
- El Mirage: 1 grant, $2,500
- Fountain Hills: 1 grant, $24,100
- Gilbert: 1 grant: $5,850
- Glendale: 5 grants, $52,850
- Goodyear: 2 grants, $6,850
- Higley: 1 grant, $5,850
- Litchfield Park: 3 grants, $48,600
- Mesa: 17 grants, $273,300
- Paradise Valley: 1 grant, $17,350
- Peoria: 2 grants, $35,416
- Phoenix: 96 grants, $1,661,473
- Queen Creek: 2 grants, $31,600
- Scottsdale: 19 grants, $382,100
- Sun City: 1 grant, $2,000
- Sun Lakes: 2 grants, $17,350
- Surprise: 4 grants, $53,650
- Tempe: 18 grants, $183,644