2 Men Electrocuted In Lake Pleasant Drowning
Two men died after being electrocuted at Lake Pleasant on Sunday.
The Maricopa County Sheriff’s Office confirmed after a series of tests that the boat’s electrical safety features were bypassed due to improper modifications to the electrical connection system.
The system was not compatible with the receptacle of the marina, which resulted in electricity being discharged into the water around Lake Pleasant’s swim platform.
The city of Peoria electrical inspector, with help from a commercial electrician, confirmed that Scorpion Bay Marina’s electrical infrastructure was working properly.
No other boats in the area were affected.